Monday, October 8, 2012

Roads To Success 4.12

Real Success

The influence of Wayne Huizenga, Jr.'s conversion to a life in Christ first touched his immediate family.  As he has grown in his faith over the years Wayne, Jr. has been able to share the Good News of his life within business as well.

The time constraints of a Secrets Of Success television episode made it impossible to include a great amount of story details, and some of what follows had not yet occurred at the time of production.  Fortunately, Wayne, Jr.’s interview for the I Am Second movement documented many of those details.

 “I like to think that I’m a shrewd businessman.  I’m very passionate about business,” Wayne, Jr. described himself.  “But I try to also bring God into business.  I share my convictions with my employees every chance I get.  When we have successes I talk of those successes because of God blessing us.  I pray for them.  I’ll pray for our company.  I pray for them individually.  I have a number of employees that will come to me that some are believers and followers of Christ and some aren’t.  They will come and say, ‘Junior, God listens to your prayers would you pray for my son, or my daughter, or my wife, they are having difficult times.’  I am happy to do that and I’m blessed to be able to follow up with them.”

Wayne, Jr. has been able to expand beyond his one-on-one sharing of faith.  “We have a Bible study at our office every Monday at noon and the Gospel is shared every Monday.  We invite our workers as well as our customers to come.  It is a special time.  I’m very, very blessed to be the head of my company.  I think it is easier for me to conduct myself that way and to be, to share what I believe in, and share who Jesus is to my life than someone that’s maybe in middle management or has a boss that doesn’t accept that.”

So, what do the people surrounding Wayne Huizenga, Jr. think of his success?

"His success is really a testimony to his dedication to his values and the experiences he has had over the years, "stated Carlos Vidueira during the Secrets Of Success interviews.

"He's always had a good heart.  I think that his faith has allowed him to take a good man and make him into what potentially can be a great man," commented Bill Pierce.

"My husband has been such a great success because he has allowed God to use him as a vessel.  He has not put himself first," stated Fonda Huizenga.

And what does Wayne, Jr. have to say about success?

“Success for me is that one day when I die and I see Jesus,” Wayne explained in his I Am Second interview.  “That he will look at me and say, ‘Well done my good and faithful son.’  I’ve been given such a gift based on the life that I lived, a second chance.  It’s a chance to follow Jesus, to go to heaven, to live an eternal life.  I’m going to live forever and I know for certainty that I’m going to live in Heaven.  That’s success.  And the other part of success is knowing that my bride and my children will also live with me for eternity in heaven.  Success is knowing that your family will live with you in heaven forever and ever.  I’m blessed to know that although my mother has already left this earth, she’s waiting [in heaven], and I’m blessed to know that my father has Jesus living in his heart as well.  Some of my brothers and some of my sisters [know Christ], not all of them, but I have hope.  Success is knowing that those that you love will make it to heaven.”

Wayne Jr.'s final statement in his Secrets Of Success interview summed it all up nicely.  "To me success is being able to use what we've been given to change other people's lives.  And I have this great desire to share what I have with other people.  To me that's success."

© 2012 Philip Kassel

No comments:

Post a Comment