Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You've Got to Start Somewhere

Getting started is almost always the most difficult part of any writing endeavor.  There’s no reason a blog would be an exception to that rule and I really wrestled with starting this one.  But you’ve got to start somewhere so I began surfing the net in search of inspiration.  I found that a good many of the blog articles about how to launch a blog instruct their readers to begin by stating what their blog will be about.

Well, I’ve spent most of my life writing screenplays and books, writing songs and playing music, making films, taking and processing photographs, making television shows and video products, and growing in faith, as well.  So, right now it’s looking like this blog will deal with those, and related topics.

For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed creative things; I’ve enjoyed being creative.  There is an indescribable satisfaction that comes from producing a special or unique photograph, composing a particularly touching song, or writing an engaging story that makes the reader think or entertains them.  It doesn’t matter if I am creating for myself or creating for a client; I still draw great satisfaction from the process and the varying results.  I know that there are plenty of you readers out there that know exactly what I’m referring to.

God willing and the creek don’t rise, this blog will turn out to be a creative thing – a creative thing that looks at creative things.  I hope, too, it can be a source of inspiration and encouragement.  Along those lines I’m developing an idea that I believe will be inspiring as well as entertaining.  I’ll have more about that soon in future posts.

In the meantime, with any material I may post I will strive to live up to Mr. Fitzgerald’s view on the subject and truly “have something to say.”

© 2011 Philip Kassel

No comments:

Post a Comment